Monday 10 September 2007

Hospital Visit

I feel totally exhausted. This morning I had an appointment with the Psychology Department but before then I had been asked to pop back to Branston Ward to sign a consent form from when I was in hospital. What I did not realise until I got there was that this form was to give permission for the hospital to cremate the remains. Part of the form was as follows: I..............(insert name of mother) which was a bit upsetting to say the least. I was told that a mass cremation takes place every third Wednesday of the month. As always the staff were wonderful.

So, before I even get to the Psychology Dept. I am in tears. But Sharon was nice and just asked me to tell her what had happened. What is weird is that the hour went by so quickly and now I cannot really remember what I said. I know we discussed 'the trouble', me leaving work - which she felt was a good move - and we also discussed the forthcoming wedding and how I would feel without my Dad there, but other than that it is a mystery. I came away exhausted but felt a lot better - as if things were beginning to get better somehow. Perhaps out of bad can come good. Perhaps the experience will make me a better person. We shall see!!!

No comments: