Thursday 22 October 2009

Jamie at 6 months....

Well, he has certainly started to realise where he exists in relation to others. He watches us as we move about and as soon as I am out of sight – that’s when he begins to scream!! And he found his winkie the other day…

Still ‘chatting’ first thing in the morning and there have been a few da’s and la’s and I can see why the Teletubbies are so popular with babies. Jamie will think his name is gorgeous because that is mainly what I call him – sick I know but I seem to be enjoying this baby lark. I am not sure he realises what he is called just yet, as sometimes he responds and other times he just carries on with what he was doing – currently this is mainly made up of eating, dribbling, being sick or sleeping!! He seems to be constantly hungry this week – he is having (on average) 9 bottles of 240ml a day. He is still struggling to swallow any food we give him – we started him on rusks and milk one meal a day last week - but I think some of it must be going down due to the change in his nappy contents!

Daddy has started a new job which none of us like as he is away from 6am til 6.30pm and this means not only does he see me and Jamie a lot less, but also I do not have much of a respite all day. Nanna still takes him on a Thursday afternoon but I was ill last week and still have not fully recovered. I think it was all related to the pill I started taking and then stopped taking (again) last week because of the terrible periods I have been having. I seem to have had a constant headache / migraine / sickness for over a week now!!

Daddy’s new job also means we are without transport which means our social life is beginning to suffer and I wonder about the winter when the weather might mean walking is too cold for little hands and feet - not to mention mine! A decision must be made soon. As I said to Daddy yesterday Me and Jamie need Daddy more than the money.

We have started playing a game with the building cups whereby I build up the tower and he knocks it down so he is certainly getting his eye and hand coordination sorted!! Daddy also plays with the ball rolling it back and forth and Jamie has even had a few notes from the small keyboard he was given. We still love a good sing song and I purchased a Disney greatest hits CD which – although I don’t recognise a lot of the songs – I enjoy singing along to. We still listen to the ‘Wheels on the Bus’ CD which complements the Baby Signing Class we continue to attend on a Monday. We are still reading to him and I bought another (snuggletime) touchy feely book called I Love You, Baby. Duckie (from Auntie Hannah and Uncle Michael) still seems to remain his favourite toy along with the spinning head that Nanna bought (Uncle Dean is convinced it will lead Jamie into years of fruit machine addiction!) And yes, everything does seem to end up in his mouth – especially his thumb or his hand (or at least covered in dribble) at the moment! And he has developed the Lucy scream!!

He continues to roll over (and over) but still gets scared when he finds himself on his front – although less so as time goes on. We have tried lying next to him to try to get him crawling and although he has started to lift himself up there isn’t much movement as yet (possibly a good thing!). However, he is beginning to sit up for a few moments and will stand up with help - Could he be walking before he crawls?

And yes, this is the sweetest of times. His smile could melt any heart!! And he laughs when we play – he especially likes me laughing with him and kissing him! And yes he loves a good cuddle! Not sure how ‘social’ he is as yet but he is very nosey when it comes to other babies. We could not do baby massage due to his wanting to move about to see what else was going on!! Have swapped numbers with some mums from Baby Massage but as yet because of feeling so ill we have yet to meet up again. We have however been to our first christening, our first birthday party (Emily's 1st) and we have another this Saturday.

Had Jamie weighed last week and it was 16lbs 4oz and while he gains weight mummy is pleased to report she has been loosing it!! In an attempt to transform herself into a yummy mummy, mummy has had all her hair cut off but as yet has not had chance to show it off other than to the Sainsbury delivery driver!!

No comments: