Friday 9 October 2009

Manic Mum ??

The last few days I have felt rather manic and today I wonder if it was actually related to my ever present (or so it seems) period! I was glad that Nanna took Jamie out for the afternoon yesterday; giving me some time to concentrate on myself without a little voice screaming!! I just felt I was getting nothing done. I was also upset that I didn't make the BabyPeep group with my friends from Baby Massage (as we did not have a car/time) but as it turned out neither did Nicola and William.

I recently bought a very good book which helps to put everything into perspective and I must try to remember some of the valuable advice when I get a bit 'manic'. Time Management for Manic Mums by Allison Mitchell, published by Hay House (2009), has some great points for any mum struggling to cope with the demands of a baby and a house (let alone families and husbands etc.) and I have summarised some of the more relevant ones below:-
  • Time is precious. You have a tight budget of just 24 hours.
  • Ask yourself: is this the best use of my time now?
  • Unless you know what you want to do with your time, you’ll never find time to do it.
  • Break down jobs into smaller chunks – start the journey…
  • Reframe jobs i.e. cleaning party / space for something else / exercise!!
  • Don’t put it down. Put it away.
  • Remove distractions to the job in hand.
  • Define the actions needed to step towards your goals.
  • Look to the future – what happens if you do, what happens if you don’t?
  • Focus on what you want and not on what you don’t want.
  • We become what we think about.
  • Focus only on what is valuable to you.
  • It’s about choice and focus and priorities.
  • What future is your present creating for you?
  • Savour / enjoy every moment.

No comments: