Monday 29 September 2008

Scan at 7 weeks and 4 days

After all the trauma of last time we decided to pay for an early scan. We had booked it in for 8 weeks exactly (by my calculations) but after I came home ill from work on Wednesday we decided to go earlier. Thus we booked an appointment for Saturday morning. I was still quite nauseous. This was made worse by a dose of diarrhea which the Doctor felt I was actually making worse with my lucozade and banana habit!! Arrived early - and its very nice and only 5 mins down the road - and our concerns were quickly alleviated as the Doctor said almost immediately 'No need to worry. It all looks fine.' He measured the baby / blob at 1.12cm - almost nothing at all - and we got to hear a heartbeat. So, all looks well at the moment. Fingers crossed now for the 'official' scan in 3 weeks time.

As I had nearly 3 days off work last week I thought it was best being honest with them, so I rang the temping agency this morning and explained the situation. I am also contemplating whether or not to continue with my Teaching Assistant course as this may be the last year they do this particular syllabus and if I leave early I may have to start again from scratch next year........and always at the back of my mind is the thought; 'what if it all goes wrong?'

No comments: