Sunday 21 September 2008

My boobs are like bowling balls!!

I started this Blog on Sunday 1st July 2007 when I was 6 weeks pregnant for the first time. I write this today and I am two days short of 7 weeks. Writing it down makes me feel slightly nervous - as if I have now cursed myself for the second time.

Have only told my gym buddy and her hubby so far. As I am not really speaking to my mother it will probably be after the scan before we tell her. As I said before, that was one of the biggest mistakes we made last time - telling her. This time we have certainly talked about it less between ourselves. We have decided to 'wait and see' what happens in the next few weeks, but at least I know what to look for this time and if anything happens I will be straight down the hospital and won't be fobbed off!! One thing is for sure - I cannot have time off sick because if I don't work I won't get paid. This will mean I won't have the excuse to sit on my arse doing nothing - which last time (I feel) led to the miscarriage taking such a long time to happen. By the look of my early blogs I made it to 7 and a half weeks before the morning sickness really got bad. However, by that time we have been told, the baby was probably already dead (told it was about 5 weeks when it stopped growing).

I have received my scan date and thankfully it is at 11 weeks this time. However, we are also going to see about a private scan at 8-9 weeks just to re-assure ourselves....

I certainly feel fitter than I did last time. I had just begun to loose the weight that I had put on. This is partly due to working in the library and moving about a lot during the day - instead of just sitting at a computer like last time - and I have been keeping quite fit over the summer. I also feel a lot more positive within myself and more settled.

That's my 'Things to do in my 40th year' list buggered.....

No comments: