Monday 9 November 2009

7 Months Already???

Last Wednesday Jamie was 7 months old and he is growing and developing everyday. This morning I have been sorting out his smaller clothes for his cousin Noah and I have found it quite upsetting. I want him to stay as he is now – all giggly and happy and loving his mummy……

Turning 7 months has seen changes with his eating. Finally he has been swallowing some food!! After a few days of Baby Rice (I definitely should not have bought that second box) and a few days on rusks, Michelle (with the twins) suggested I started him off on his normal milk then after a while swap it for some food – that way he would know what he was supposed to do with it. Amazingly, this seemed to work!!! And yesterday he actually seemed to like the taste of something – Organic Butternut Squash and Chicken. It was a free gift in one of the Bounty packs. I bet it is expensive……I thought as much £1.89 each pot – although at the moment they are on special offer at Sainsbury’s 3 for £4.50. (Well, it does say they only use organic free range chicken) I shall have to learn how to do it myself…..

In the last few weeks he has been to Sophie’s 1st birthday party and we have attended Baby Peep at the SureStart Centre which was good as I met up with Nicola and Estelle again. I also met someone who had been at a wedding with us the night before – she also has a 6 month old and is a friend of the groom. We went as friends of the bride!! What was also good was that some of the girls from Baby Signing were also there so I had a chat with them, and then one of them turned up while I was swimming with Karen and Sophie last Friday. It's strange how we all keep meeting up….

Daddy is still working too hard and I am still without a car, but we have now decided to keep to just one at the mo. and make use of the local taxi firm that is ‘car-seat exempt’. We are not going to be travelling long distances so I don’t mind Jamie sitting on my knee for a few miles / minutes. Michelle and Karen have both been good enough to pick me up a couple of times but I am conscious of not taking the mick. Also Nanna has said she does not mind taking me to places or even lending me her car. I hope she means this as I have booked in a number of appointments today – one of them being to the Chiropractor as my back has been severely killing me in the last week. Is it the cold weather or simply too much exertion?

One thing is for sure; we now know Jamie does not like the cold. We had a very small and intimate firework party on Saturday - mainly because we found a bag of fireworks in the garage - but Jamie refused to stay outside longer than a few minutes. He was wrapped up extra warm and we all thought he looked cute in his Tigger Hat. I just don't think Jamie agreed with us!!

No comments: