Tuesday 4 November 2008

Who ate all the children?

Halloween! Don't you just love it? Well, every year I say we are going to have a party and so this year we got one organised!! We invited close friends and their children for 'Trick or Treat' at 6pm and then fireworks afterwards. 8 children in total!! I was beginning to think that the tiredness was easing off - Knackered? Me? My first attempt at a children's party and I have not even given birth yet!!

The Bull went to town and created a 'Haunted House' in the garage - unfortunately, it was a bit too scarey for some of the younger children - so he had to then 'un-haunt' it to show it was only pretend! I get the feeling it was done more for him than for the children but I suppose thats what its all about. He certainly seemed to enjoy his part in the evenings preceedings!

What was good was the fact that the other parents helped me out (when they weren't commenting on the size of my belly!) My god-daughters mum organised the witches parts game - passing around bowls of goo while telling a story about a witch!! The Bulls sister served up the hot dogs and later in the evening her partner entertained the remaining 4 children with a board game; after my body had given up and all I could do was watch in amazement!! I could have murdered a drink but eventually overdosed on Haribo's which we are still finding about the house 4 days later!! Same time next year? We shall see?

No comments: