Thursday 13 November 2008

Families....

When I met my friend Liz for a hot chocolate and cookie last week I briefly saw my cousin (on my Dads side) as I ran to the car. So, I thought it best that I send her an email and explain......She replied with a lovely email and her mum - my auntie - then rang in the evening. Anyway, I had assumed that my mum had told them the news - after all she had made such a big deal about when she could start telling folk she was to be a grandma But it turned out my mum had even seen my auntie a few weeks ago and had still not told her. I know she has been telling people I don't even know at her walking and singles group - Why not Dads family? I truly don't know!!

Spoke to mum later in the day and she said Auntie had now rang her and so she was going to ring the other auntie (my Dads sister).... Suddenly she wants to get involved with my Dads family. Was she waiting for them to contact her? It certainly looks that way. She said she had assumed I had told them via FaceBook etc...... Weird I think.

Anyway, although we have not seen 'the other side' since my uncles (Dads brother) birthday party in February and before that at my brothers wedding in December I think we may get to see some of them at Christmas. Also, I did mention my postponed birthday celebrations and my other cousin had already mentioned it to a few of the family. Perhaps babies bring people / families together? After all, the child will be a blood relative of 'the other side'. Auntie and the cousin who I emailed, were certainly interested in scans, dates etc. We shall see....

No comments: