Tuesday 11 November 2008

Halloween Part Two: Blood Test Results

Finally got the results of my blood test. I had those scars for days. I looked like some kind of addict or as if a vampire had got me!! The nurse had had trouble getting blood out of one arm and so both ended up being 'sucked.' She was really nice though, as she told me about her brothers wife who was older than me and expecting her first baby as well.

Had been a bit worried as even though I had sent my blood ‘Special Delivery' via the Post Office ('How much is it worth?' 'It's Blood' I replied) when I went on their website to track the package it just said Your item with reference ZV68***GB is currently progressing through our network more than a week after it was supposed to have arrived!!

Anyway, my probability for Downs is now 1 in 800 and for Edwards Syndrome is 1 in 50,000
Not sure I feel better or worse….

No comments: