Saturday 29 November 2008

17 weeks

Turns out it wasn't a urine infection after all.... The pains are certainly not as sharp as before but whether or not they are the baby moving or my body expanding I really don't know! I occasionally get a sharp pain if I move - could this be a kick? People keep saying it will initially feel like butterflies or wind but I can't say I have felt this. I do seem to be suffering with indigestion a little bit more than usual - though this wasn't helped by a McDonald's at Midnight last night!!

I wouldn't say that this is all a worry but after last time I am still finding it difficult to embrace the feeling of being pregnant - its as if at any moment someone is going to take it away from me and say "Sorry, its all a mistake". I went out on Thursday night and saw some people I had not seen for a while and so everyone was commenting on my size. Even one of the delivery drivers at work commented on my size this week and I can't say I like it at all. Its like I am gaining weight but I have nothing to show for it - I know there is a bump there but I still can't quite believe that it contains a baby that I will actually give birth to in about 5 months!!

Consequently, I still feel unable to really talk about what is happening / going to happen to friends and family. To talk or not to talk about it? I want to be able to have a normal conversation again without someone referring to the bump!!

The bump itself seems to have taken on a life of its own - what with people talking to and touching it and it actually having its own sense of tiredness - like when you've been to the gym and your legs and arms ache. After work I often get this sense of tiredness around my bump. I have had my contract at work extended til the end of January but I worry how large I will be by then and will I still be able to complete 3 days a week??

No comments: