Tuesday 2 October 2007

Hospital Visit 4

Today I had an appointment with the Consultant with regards to the results of my scan (see Hospital Visit 3). I was told, that as it was a 6cm 'simple' cyst it should not cause any problems. I was told to come back if I had any problems with it, but if not I would be seen again for another scan in 6 months to check on its progress. I also had a blood test to check on my hormone levels.

The Bull came with me to the hospital and the hardest part was the fact that it was in the same place (the Maternity Unit) as where I had my 13 week scan. I didn't think it would upset me, but when a couple walked past with what was obviously their scan photo I could not help but cry. When I went in to see the Consultant she asked if anything was wrong. I didn't have the strength to explain, but I though she might have realised.....We did ask if the cyst would in any way hinder another pregnancy, but we were assured that it should be fine.

Got home and sent Human Resources at work an email requesting clarification of when my sick pay finishes. I worked out last night I am in my 12th week, and on the day of my next Drs appointment it will be exactly 13 weeks!! I also asked about returning to work part time.

No comments: