Wednesday 24 October 2007

Feeling Better Thanks

I think the weekend really did some good, and then I went to Spinning on Monday night (have not weighed myself yet this week) and then yesterday went back to Accupuncture for the first time since 'the trouble'. Nadine talked about blockages and blood (which was nice) but I must say I really felt the benefit of it - although the needles have never previously hurt that much - and when I got back from the clinic, I slept like a baby!! Got up this morning and went for a walk. It was bloody cold, but I suppose it is only going to get colder....

The only bad thing about today is that it is 14 years since my dad died. Don't really know what to add to that statement. It still hurts and the family (mum and brother) have never really talked about it. Too painful to discuss perhaps, but it sometimes feels like we are not really a family; just related. This was emphasised to me last week when we went to see my brothers mother in law (to be). She has cancer and might not make the wedding. All her family have a closeness we have never had. It's probably a bit late for that now.....but I do envy them.

No comments: