Friday 24 April 2009

Thursday 9th April

Been expressing milk via the milking machine (which mimics the sucking action which Jamie currently does not have) for a few days now and bloody hell do my boobs hurt today. Last night I expressed 40ml in one sitting!! About 12ish they came to say that Jamie’s results showed he had slightly raised jaundice levels. This meant he had to be under the giant sun lamp. They re-took his levels at 12 midnight but it was 4/5pm before he was taken off the sunlamp. Being so bright meant that he spent the night in the day room with another baby who was in the hot cot. The midwife woke me up to express as normal during the night and I went and had a look at them both but it was very hot. About 7am they brought him back to me. Later in the morning the Lincolnshire Echo arrived to take some pictures of babies and they were asking who would like to be included. Unfortunately, Jamie not only had his tube up his nose but now had a batman mask.

9.30pm it’s still hot although we no longer have the sun lamp. Jamie looks snuggled. Having had the feeds moved to 4 hourly certainly made a difference in terms of time and stress. I am expressing more each time – even if daddy keeps spilling it!

Tube pulled out at 11.30pm and then his umbilical clip fell out when did nappy. I have kept it but am not sure why….

Never started my Raspberry Leaf Tea, ordered my Tens machine, my relaxation CDs or read that relevant chapter!!

No comments: