Tuesday 3 July 2007

'Rainy Days and Mondays….

always get me down.....' sang the Carpenters.

Never did like Mondays at the best of times but this was the first Monday morning after finding out and I felt so rough! Then there was the added worry that I had no petrol in the car – what if it ran out on the way to work and all I can do is throw up?

The alarm went off at 6am as usual and I was up and down, up and down. I have not actually been physically sick yet but what is it about brushing your teeth that makes you want to gag? Should I go to work or stay at home in bed I kept asking myself? But after having had three days off work only 2 weeks ago (which I now know to be related but didn’t realise at the time) I didn’t want to ring in sick again. Also I had left a bit of paper in the bottom drawer of my desk which, if anyone saw, they might put two and two together and make a baby! That was the decider. I somehow forced myself into the car - along with my many provisions - and drove the 10 minutes (thank God!) to work. By the time I arrived I had made up my mind to tell my Supervisor and one time best friend.

I had just about managed to turn the computer on and forced down a banana by the time she arrived. I asked for a few minutes and once we were alone I was in such a state that I burst into tears. Once I told her the news so did she. I certainly felt better for having told someone at work but my main worry now is how long will it stay a secret and will anyone guess before its time?

No comments: