Sunday 1 July 2007

Week 6

It's still raining. It seems to have been raining constantly since the test came back positive - is this an omen?

Not wanting to tempt fate, I went to the library yesterday and got out 3 books. Of course I had to hide them under a pile of other books in case anyone I knew happened to be in the library!
Saturday night therefore was spent reading each book in turn. The main topic I was looking for was with regards to Morning Sickness. Why is it that each book seemed to give conflicting information with regards to when it is going to hit? I have been feeling slightly nauseous for a few weeks and because I was feeling so ill, I actually did a test on the day I was due this month but it showed negative. One week later however it was positive. Since then I seem to have done nothing but eat. I was at the pub on Thursday with some friends from work and the last time we went out I was dieting. I wondered afterwards if anyone suspected (one of the girls is due in September) as not only did I have two courses but also finished off the chips that had been left!! At last I have an excuse not to beat myself up for needing to buy a larger size!! However, I'm still going to have to pretend I am still my old self for a few weeks. What is my old self? I'm already beginning to forget!

My partner (Contributor of Sperm, likes to be know as 'the Bull') was off with his band last night (www.7dw.co.uk), but as the smoking ban didn't start til today I thought I had better stay at home - just to be sure! Not wanting to tempt fate or exisiting in the 'safe' zone seems to be the order of the day at the moment. For the last 12 months I have felt in limbo waiting for each months period to arrive and now that I have a positive test I still feel I am in limbo waiting for the 12 week mark (and the scan) to be passed.

We have only so far told my mother - who reacted as expected and still hasn't stopped screaming with joy! My partners father who asked; 'Are you Pleased?' My brother - who gave one of his knowing smiles - and his fiance who was a bit more forthcoming with her emotions.

I also told my gym buddy who already has two girls. She wouldn't let me carry the shopping bags back from Asda so already I am seeing some benefits! At least we now have a valid excuse for not going to the gym for a few weeks....

No comments: