Saturday 28 July 2007

Doctors Appointment (4)

Had a terrible day yesterday. Woke up feeling ok (though had been really tired Thursday night) but then during the morning I got a pain in my abdomen. I know it was the abdomen as I rang NHS Direct (0845 46 47) and she asked me to identify where it was. While on the phone to the nurse (after first answering the same questions with someone else!) I can honestly say I was really panicking for the first time. Although most of my answers were a NO (I don't have back pain, My legs feel OK, I am not clammy etc) I could still see where I might end up. I really didn't want to go to the hospital and this was the first thing I said to Dr Dale when I got there at 2.50pm; approx. 4 hours later. Dr Dale previously sent me to hospital when she suspected I had an eptopic pregnancy. That time it turned out to be 'only' a UTI - although it was painful enough. This time however, by the time I got to the Drs I had calmed down and so had the pain. Probably nothing to be worried about, but if I am still worried Monday she says to bring a urine sample in to be checked for an infection. All I can really do at the moment is hold tight until the scan on the 17th August and try not to think about why the time is dragging so slowly at the moment!!

No comments: