Friday 22 May 2009

Returning to Pre-Pregnancy Size....

This week I joined weight watchers in order to try and shift the 2+ stone I am still carrying about. My pre-pregnancy weight was 10 stone 11, and I currently weight 12 stone 8 and a half!! The last time I weighed myself during the pregnancy - which I think was a few weeks before Jamie arrived - I weighed 13 and a half!! I have said I should like to loose 2 stone by Christmas which is 32 weeks (til Christmas Day!) so that is feasible!! I have done all my measurements, started to reduce portion sizes and calorie content, and just need to find some time (and energy) to fit some exercise into my routine!!

I am no longer expressing breast milk so Jamie will not suffer as a result of my diet. A lot of people mentioned while I was pregnant the fact that breastfeeding helps you to loose weight. I am not sure whether or not this is actually true or another 'fact' that they tell you in order to try to persuade you. I do feel that I have a certain amount of guilt attached to myself at the mo. because I am not breastfeeding!! Jamie seems happy enough and is certainly gaining weight at a rapid rate so I don't think it has done him any harm!! He had his 6 week check yesterday and all is perfect!! He is still waking quite a bit during the night and the Health Visitor suggested that he might not be hungry but might actually just have wind. She suggested giving him gripe water before each feed to help with his wind!

No comments: