Thursday 9 August 2007

Doctors Appointment (5)

My life truely flashed before my eyes yesterday when I fell down a hole that should have had a gate-post in it, but the gate was measured wrongly, did not get finished, and so a hole for me to fall into was left!! As I lay on the floor - with a large bag of frozen peas on my ankle - all I could think of was of my friend Julie who, a few years ago, fell over playing football in our garden and, although at the time there were shouts of 'its not broken,' she ended up having 6 weeks off work with her leg in a very large plaster!!

Luckily my leg was not broken, but I woke up at 4am this morning in a lot of pain. I think this is when the shock had worn off, as I cannot believe how calm I was at the time of the accident. I think The Bull was worried about the baby, but I knew from the other scars on my upper leg and my arm, that I had fallen on my side and not my front. Had a Drs appointment this morning anyway and she felt it best that I stay off work now until after the scan on the 17th (just over a week away).

I am conscious however, that I am not going to be able to walk for a few days. I shall have to force myself to relax and am going to try and sort out some of my relaxation tapes. I really did get quite panicky early this morning and started to worry about all kinds of things that perhaps really do not matter that much.

'Am I going to be able to cope?' I keep saying.
'Cope with what?' asks The Bull.
'Everything!' I reply.

No comments: