Sunday 6 February 2011

Mummy has got a job!

Jamie is just about better now but I can't believe how much weight he has lost. We finally left the house on Friday after over a week of just bed, sleep and staying in (unless you count our exhausting visit to the Dr). Daddy and I were supposed to be going out Saturday night but we cancelled it as I just didn't feel happy leaving him yet. As it turned out, Jamie was back to himself last night and is certainly full of it this morning!!

But mummy is going to have to get used to leaving Jamie as finally; after 6 interviews in as many months, I have got a job working 20 hours a week for the NHS Payroll Services. Initially it is til the end of June but hopefully this will be extended.

On Thursday I went to meet with my supervisor and discussed times and days. This means since then it has been totally manic trying to sort out who will look after Jamie. Nanna has very kindly agreed to cover the part of Thursday that Daddy cannot, and we have got him a place at a local Nursery all day Friday. This just leaves Wednesday.....

Grandad came to play with Jamie for a few hours the week before Jamie got the bug. It gave me time to pop to the shops and then give the kitchen a bit of a clean. Just before Grandad was due to leave, I popped in to Jamie's room to see if Grandad wanted a cup of tea. Only to find him sitting in the cot with Jamie!! I was gobsmacked to say the least, and now suspect that it wasn't daddy after all who broke the cot.... I know Grandad loves Jamie to bits but I am not sure I want him looking after Jamie for very long while I am working. I am not too sure of his level of responsibility. He seems to turn into a child when playing with Jamie and I don't think it will be too long before Jamie is the more mature one!! Added to this we have the nightmare of Jamie's auntie who seems to think she has a monopoly over Grandad and could disrupt any plans I put in place for Grandad to look after Jamie.

No comments: