Sunday 13 February 2011

First full day at Nursery...

....and it was tears all round! As we drove up to the Nursery Jamie knew where he was going and started to cry. I was on the verge as I carried him in and handed him over, and felt awful as I turned and walked away. It was certainly one of the worst days of motherhood I have had so far. A million thoughts ran through my mind; Why was I leaving him? Will he hate me for it? Will he still love me? Was I being selfish leaving him? etc. etc.

I rang the nursery when I got to work to see whether he had settled down. Then I rang Daddy and had to ring off so I didn't spoil my make up. Daddy sent a text later in the morning to say the nursery had rang home to say he had settled down and gone to sleep. I think that made me feel a little bit better, but all day I think I could have burst into tears very easily.

After work I went to pick him up and he was sat in a play train seat looking quite happy. He saw me and waved but didn't really seem to want to leave. He wanted to show me things and point things out to me. Two of the ladies sat down and told me how he had been all day; he had been a little bit tearful but had eaten two lots of dinner and been quite content most of the day. The nursery give each child a book into which they write any observations from the day. I think he is going to like it. I felt so much better. All my worries were for nothing (as usual!). Took him home, had some tea, and then sat watching CBeebies and cuddling. He didn't need much persuasion to go to bed as he was shattered.

As for mummy, the 20 hours passed quite quickly and although there is a lot to take in, she thinks she is going to like her new job. Although she has been very clingy with Jamie all weekend and didn't want to leave him Saturday night....I think it is going to be good for all of us for many different reasons.

No comments: