Wednesday 18 March 2009

Parent Craft Class: Week Three

Final week and I hardly slept a wink afterwards! So many issues and things to think about. We discussed Caesarean sections and ‘going home’ after the birth. We also watched a film about how a child develops and how they learn to become ‘human’ i.e. the connections they make to objects and people as they grow.

Julie was very good and kept asking if we had any questions (which I seemed to have loads) and near the end she asked what we were most worried about. I said it was the baby coming out abnormal. Matt and Nicole obviously had the same worries as me. Talking to them I thought initially it was because they were my age but then Nicole said she was only 34. It was only once I got back that I realised it was because it was a surprise pregnancy. The girl with twins said she was 38. It just shows I am terrible at guessing peoples ages. I suppose this is because I compare everyone I meet to myself and I still don’t see myself as the 40 year old that looks back at me in the mirror.

After the class, I dreamt that I had a baby boy, but that his face was of a dolls and I wanted to call him ‘Poppy’. Looking down he was a boy but the face seemed very strange. I have no idea what this could mean…..but it makes a change from the ‘unprepared’ dreams I have been having.

1 comment:

yob culture said...

The Bulls mother predicted we would have a girl and we would call it poppy! We considered it for a while..
strange!