Saturday 21 March 2009

Its good to talk

After the trauma of Mondays Parent Craft Class and an episode of breathlessness in the week I was tempted to ring the Midwife and ask if there were any counselling services for mothers to be with regards to panic and depression. However, I am lucky enough to have a number of good friends who have helped alleviate my fears. I am still obsessed with checking for baby's movements but I know I am not the only one!!

Thursday I had a good chat with my gym buddy and then Thursday night I met Sarah (Blog Baby 3). Also on Thursday though I saw someone who said 'you seem to have been pregnant for ages'. Tell me about it!! Friday morning I saw another good friend who has 2 older children but works with the community Health Visitors and then last night we went to a party where most of the couples there had children.

It seems everyone has an incidence (or 2 or 3) of panicking about baby's movements and rushes up to the hospital. And almost all mothers worry about whether or not their baby will be 'normal'. Its all natural!! And I feel lucky to have friends around me who understand...

No comments: