Sunday 18 January 2009

Happy Birthday!!

Its been my birthday this week - the big 40 - without alcohol!!

I must thank all my friends and family for all the lovely pressies and for making it such a good few days. Of course a lot of the talk was about babies. On Thursday (my actual birthday) I went out with the family and this included my cousins girlfriend who is due at the beginning of February. I had also invited my dads brother (and my aunt) and my dads sister and it was nice to talk about what my dad would have thought. I never knew that I was born on my dads dads birthday (William). If he had still been alive he would have been 117 years old - which makes my 40 seem rather insignificant!!

Then on Saturday night I went out with friends for a Chinese. I must admit that the date itself doesn't seem to have affected me too badly - you should have seen me on my 21st - its still the pregnancy that is the main focus of my worry.... However, I have had a fantastic few days; lots of cards, pressies, badges and cake!! Its no wonder I am so big!!

No comments: