Monday 13 October 2008

Family Affairs.....

Still struggling to keep upright most of the time. I seem to have got used to the nausea. Its the tiredness and the apathy that I am struggling with. Oh yes and my boobs feel like they are full of rocks now!!

This weekend I saw my mother for the first time in 6 weeks. I told my brother last Friday the news - chiefly because we went out with him and it came up in conversation. Anyway, I told him to tell mum, and so when she turned up I assumed she knew. But she didn't!!! She got all emotional and started to get carried away almost immediately, so I had to tell her to calm down. I did get her to take a basket of washing with her when she left though...

In the evening The Bulls dad came to watch the England game and while he was here, The Bulls brother rang and then his sister turned up as well. It was madness!! They were all mocking me because the wine was so nice and I could not have any - but as brother pointed out the baby will still have 'the genes'....... Later it got a bit heated as The Bull and his sister were discussing the parenting skills (or lack of) of their mother. Sister seemed to use this as an 'excuse' for not achieving as much as she should have but that's all it was - an excuse!!

One bonus this weekend is that Christmas seems to have been sorted already as we have been invited to my brothers for lunch. There will be 8 or 9 of us and there is talk of turkey and gammon!!

No comments: