Thursday 9 October 2008

Back to Work.....

Went back to work yesterday, spurred on by the words of a friend who is due in a couple of weeks: Don’t really know if there is any advice I can give you.

I would say that keep in mind just because you miscarried last time does NOT mean it will happen again. As I am reaching the end of this journey (which people will probably take me as a bad person for saying I haven’t really enjoyed it!!) 9 months is a flippin long time!! Obviously it seems to have gone quickly looking back but with the toll it takes on your body, it’s a very long time.

You stumble from one symptom to another wondering if it’s normal. I’m sorry about you feeling sick – it is horrible (but normal remember!!). To be honest I have been sick all throughout and only last Friday, threw my guts up which isn’t easy to do with a big bump in the way. All you can do is try (I know it will be hard) to relax, take it easy when you need to and listen to your own body but don’t change your lifestyle completely, still be you.

Thanks - I think - but I did make it to work and do a full day and I survived - on a diet of ginger biscuits and juice!! Going back today and hopefully will make the full 3 days. Now they know I have decided to withdraw from my college course there is talk of me doing 5 days, but I have asked to remain on 3 days until my scan at least!!

No comments: