Tuesday 14 October 2008

Aches or Pains - When should we worry?

Its been a weird few days. The Bull keeps asking me how I feel and whatever I tell him seems to worry him. I fluctuate between feeling really well and then really sick / knackered. Of course we are both worried after last time but I am trying not to read too much into every niggle I feel. To be honest I think most of the uncomfortable-ness is actually wind. At least I will know what real pain feels like if anything goes wrong this time!! And I am comforted by the words of Dr Dale who described babies as 'Parasites' - according to Wikipedia; Parasitism is a type of symbiotic relationship between organisms of different species. The parasite benefits from a prolonged, close association with the host. A bit like Alien then....

I do seem to have been suffering from a lot of aches and pains this week but I think this is due to having 2 weeks off work and then returning to do 3 full days last week, then spending all weekend on the sofa before doing another 2 days. I think I need to do more exercise every day. I also need to cut down on the sugar intake - especially now the nausea has calmed down - I am getting too fat already. I went through my wardrobe today and could not believe how many things already don't fit. I don't intend to spend a lot on maternity clothes but it looks like I might have to start sooner rather than later....

One week to my scan. Mother asked if she could tell her bids this afternoon and was upset when I asked her to wait a week - can she not remember what happened last time? She has already told both her sisters (my aunties) and one rang last night to congratulate me. Again, I think its a bit too soon for them to be getting excited! The one who rang last night will be a granny in February and my cousin has already named their little girl. I told her I hoped there would be lots of Granny outings for both up and coming grand-children....

No comments: