Wednesday 6 November 2013

No Toilet Rolls, Thank you

Had a request from school this week for empty yogurt pots and rolls to make some fireworks crafts with, so I rummaged through the recycle bin and took in a load of stuff for the teacher.  However, I was told that they could not accept the toilet rolls........

I voice my 'concerns' on Facebook - What's all this BS about schools can't accept empty toilet rolls? - and got the following comments:

It's in case any bs so to speak on them but if microwave them for 30 secs they then safe apparently.

It's been the case for a number of years, there was a dysentery scare a few years ago but Liz is right microwaving does the trick but most schools still won't accept them!!

Same with egg boxes and salmonella!
 
I agree with Jo and Barbara who wrote:  OMG - just send some cotton wool in and we can wrap them up in it! and The world's gone mad! Tut!
 
Has the world gone mad?
 

No comments: