Sunday 13 October 2013

Contented......

 
Had a lovely Hen Night on Friday night with Kerry and all of my closest friends. There were 12 of us in total.  A few people were unable to make it (sadly) due to illness (its that time of year), but I have had a number of messages / texts from people who seem to think they should have been invited. 
 
All those people who joined us on Friday had made the effort so send a card and / or buy a present to congratulate me on my wedding.  Perhaps I am old fashioned, but I feel this defines how people feel about you.  Just making that extra effort to show how they care.   And then other people come along, asking why they weren't invited.  Friendship (for me) is more than a name on Facebook or a contact in your phone; its someone who cares enough to go that extra mile.  I am glad to say (and contented) that I have some lovely friends who do that for me.  
 
Perhaps its my age (or because I am a mother), but I am beginning to see people for what they are.  Life is about Quality not Quantity.  In the old days I would have invited everyone on my Hen Night and would not have felt it was a good night unless there were loads of us.  But all I wanted on Friday were my closest friends.  And I got them.  With Cocktails!!!
 

No comments: