Friday 14 June 2013

First morning over...

On the way to Jamie's first morning at 'big school', we stopped to do some shopping.  It was then I realised that although mummy looked good this time (shower, hair washed, make up) Jamie had not combed his hair or cleaned his teeth!

Jamie had a number of wobbles on the way, but I kept telling him that he was just going to 'play' and that made him feel better.  When we got to the school, I had to pick up his uniform, hand over the big pile of forms and also show his birth certificate.  There were a few children already there and all of them had the same bemused look on their faces.  Jamie recognised a few (as did I) and we sat with Sam and his mummy.  I have met his mummy's sister before and I certainly felt better for chatting to her.  Sam seemed as nervous as Jamie.

As we took them to Reception, mummy was nervous and when it came to leave Jamie I really did feel tearful.  However, the teacher took hold of Jamie's hand and off he went to play....

Two hours later and Jamie loved it!!  He had loved playing on the pirate ship in the outdoor area and talked all about the other children he had played with.   We now know who Jamie's teacher will be and he has another afternoon session in a few weeks.

No comments: