Wednesday 22 August 2012

Wardrobe Warfare!!

After our lovely weekend away the other week a mountain of clothes seemed to accumulate in our bedroom that needed putting away.  Instead of doing this however, I decided to give my wardrobe a long awaited spring clean.

I seem to have been on a diet for forever and as I am now (nearly) the lightest I have been in about 5 years, I thought it might be a good time to see if any of the clothes in the boxes at the bottom of the wardrobe actually fitted me again.

I went through every item in the wardrobe and was ruthless.  I am pleased to say that at the end of the session I had two large bags of clothes to go to the charity shop or for recycling.

Some of the clothes that I had in my wardrobe were over 5 years old and I am afraid to say that some were even older!  I have spent years holding onto clothes that a) are never going to fit again and b) are never going to be back in fashion. 

Why Oh Why did I hang onto those flared trousers?  They never suited me when I bought them!!

What I did learn however, is that - since having Jamie - my body shape has completely changed so a lot of those old clothes actually looked odd.  I know a lot of women have said this but I didn't believe it until I saw it in myself.  It's not that I am fat.  It's just my shape has changed!!

I must admit I that loved the cathartic experience of throwing away so many of my old clothes - especially those that no longer fitted.  I thought I might be sad, but I have been left with a lot more space in my wardrobe and I know that the clothes that I do have, do suit me and make me feel good about myself.

Just need to invest in some new underwear now.....

No comments: