Sunday 5 August 2012

Sleepover...

A few weeks ago Nana suggested to Jamie and to us that he might like to spend the night with her.  I know many parents would have jumped at the chance to have a free night, but I am afraid I / we didn't.  I suppose it was the initial 'first time' nerves.  Would he like it?  Be happy?  Want to come home?   And then I worried about whether he would be safe?  What if he hurt himself?   But I think my main worry was that he might fall down Nana's stairs!!

As it turned out, he came home safe and well this morning - about 9.30am - after having a long night with Nana.  I took him round for his tea at about 5pm.  He had had a sleep before so was a bit mardy to start with and was crying when we got to Nana's.  I tried to explain about the sleepover, but he didn't seem very happy about the idea at all.  However, after spending about 20 minutes there, and once 'Granpa in my pocket' started he calmed down and didn't really notice that I had left.

I told daddy to wait an hour or so before the first glass of wine, in case Nana wanted us to go and pick him up, but the phone call never came.  It was weird not having Jamie in the house.  I started to do something on the computer in the morning and could not help but imagine that every noise was Jamie getting out of bed.

We did miss him though, and at 11.30pm I said 'Shall I go and pick him up?' but it was nice having the bed all to ourselves for once....

No comments: