Monday 13 August 2012

Daddy and Jamie are NOT Friends

Bit of a fall out in our household today when Jamie slapped daddy.

They were playing together in Jamie's room when I went in to ask daddy a question about decorating (or something else equally mundane).  Jamie kept interrupting me and daddy, and we could not hear ourselves speak.  As I continued to try to talk to daddy, Jamie slapped daddy across the face.

Straight away, we put Jamie in the (up until now non-existent) naughty corner; which is situated by the front door.  We made him stay there for (what seemed like) ages.  We sat in his room and could see his shadow so knew when he was moving from his spot.   I hated doing it.  Tears were streaming down his face, snot was streaming out of his nose and it was awful.  But we left him there and eventually I went over to him and tried to explain why he had been put in the naughty corner.  I then tried to get him to say 'Sorry' to daddy.  This he didn't seem to want to do, but I think he was a bit scared at daddy's initial reaction to the slap.

Understandably, daddy was very upset and went off outside to trim the bush at the front of the house.  Jamie just sat on our bed.  I think he knew not to ask for TV.  He sat there for a while, and I just sat on the floor next to him sorting out some paperwork.  In the end I sat on the bed with him and we had a cuddle and a chat.  I think he did understand why daddy had got so mad with him and hopefully he won't be slapping anyone again!    A few hours later we were all giggles and laughter - and best friends - when we took Jamie to meet his 'girls' at a local pub with a fantastic play area (www.woodcockspub.co.uk/) for lunch followed by ice cream.

Hopefully this shows we are not too afraid to discipline Jamie (see previous post).  I love Jamie to bits but also realise he must be shown / learn the error of his ways whenever he is naughty.

No comments: