Sunday 22 July 2012

Resolutions at 6 months....

Over on my other blog http://theonlyconsequence.blogspot.co.uk/ I have written up my writing resolutions at 6 months. 

What I have come to realise in the last 6 months is that resolutions should act as a signpost only and not a weight around your neck!!  My son means the world to me and I am conscious that the time I spend with him at the moment is time that I won't get back. 

It is important to fill your life with only the things that really matter; things that bring you enjoyment and pleasure! Writing and sharing my poetry with others does give me pleasure. It also acts as therapy. 

However, I feel that easing the pressure off myself to succeed as a writer has been very beneficial. Whereas previously I found myself getting more and more stressed at having not written, I do feel that now I am more likely to feel happy when I do write something, and just shrug off when I don't. This attitude actually makes writing easier and means I don't take out the feeling of failure on my family!

No comments: