Sunday 1 July 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Blog!!

On Sunday 1st July 2007 I started this blog.  Five years ago.  In that time we have all gone through a lot but I am proud to say I have a wonderful 3 year old who has changed my life in a million different ways!!

Some days he makes me want to scream.  But he also makes me laugh so much it (almost) makes the lack of sleep / time / life worth it!!

He still refuses to sleep in his own bed at night and, truth be told, mummy and daddy don't really mind this, but he is doing extremely well with regards to his toilet training.

I still try not to get involved with the 'competition' side of motherhood and am lucky that we have a nice little social circle with different toddlers. Although we grew out of Baby Signing, and Toddler Signing didn't last many weeks, we have continued to see friends made in those groups as well as friends made in hospital and at ante-natal classes, as well as friends who simply had children around the same time.

We love seeing cousin Lucy and it just a shame they don't live nearer.  I am sad to say that we don't see cousin Noah as much as I would like either.  I sometimes feel I have done or said something out of turn somewhere along the way, but if I have I really don't know what it is.  I do try to make the effort to meet up with them every now and again, and will continue to do so and hope the situation improves.

Life still continues at one hundred miles an hour and seems to be one long party for Jamie with party invitations and play dates a-plenty.  We have got a few away days planned; including a week off as a family together, a weekend in Norfolk with the girls, and a week at Butlins with Lucy. Its mad to think that Jamie starts pre-school in September - where has the time gone?

Mummy continues to enjoying her new job and is pleased to find it less stressful that her previous job.  It also gives her time on a Wednesday morning to catch up on jobs and the never ending 'to do' list.  She is still not quite at pre-pregnancy size but there is a family wedding in September for which she hopes to have lost a stone - and be well under pre-pregnancy weight!!

Thought for the day: Appreciate the time with your children.  All the other stuff is just Stuff!

No comments: