Sunday 18 September 2011

Stock Take

I have had a wonderful day today catching up on all the paperwork that seems to be taking over at the moment. This is one sure way to make me feel less stressed and as the pile of paper at the back door increases (to be thrown out) so my stress levels decrease.

One of the pieces of advice that I read in the week was to every now and again sit down a have a stock take of your current position. Think about where you are in your life; whether you are happy being there and where you would like to go in the future. We need to all take time out occasionally to remember what is important.

I am (mostly) happy in my job. The pay could be better and I allow myself to get too wound up sometimes, but if I can keep reminding myself that I am not paid enough to get so involved, then I think I will survive! At the moment the hours that I do fit perfectly around the rest of my life and Jamie. Mondays (mostly) and Tuesdays are my days for being with Jamie and we have a full social life, so I don't feel too bad when going to work for the rest of the week. Especially as Jamie has two full days at Nursery - which he loves - and a full (ish) day with Nanna.

I have started attending a local writers group which meet once a month on a Tuesday evening. I still attend another writing group which meets once a month on a Saturday. Although I don't feel the need to go every month, the new group seem a great bunch of people and it can only be good for my writing.

I have also joined a readers group which meets within walking distance of the house. Again, they meet once a month and I feel being given a book to read and then discuss it will be good for my brain!!

I have always loved photography and always taken photographs wherever I go. I have wanted a new camera for a while and have decided to upgrade myself. With this in mind I have booked myself on a Digital SLR workshop at the beginning of December. Hoping for a new camera from Santa....

Have also joined Weight Watchers with the aim of loosing a stone before Christmas!

Having said all that, I don't actually feel too overloaded. I feel I have picked activities that compliment me and the person I want to be. Joining WWs has made me think about what I eat and this in turn has made me look at what I eat and drink on a night out, which in turn has made me consider exactly why I am going out and with whom!! Consequently, I don't have many meals out booked before December!

Life must be full of pleasures. Jamie and Daddy are my pleasures at the moment with writing, reading and photography my hobbies. WWs and keeping fit (I need to take more walks in the fresh air, in green spaces) are an important part of being able to maintain the lifestyle I desire.

Remember: Change the situation or change the way you look at the situation. Select your pursuits and company well. Forgive quickly and freely. Seek the best in everything and everyone. Compliment others. Be Nice. Be Happy. Smile. Laugh. Enjoy life.
Forward Focused....

No comments: