Tuesday 1 March 2011

Final Update on NHS Complaint

After consulting a couple of solicitors we have decided to abandon any thoughts of going any further with my complaint; initially dated June 2008, following my failed operation of 30th April 2008 (see: http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.com/2008/06/3-weeks-since-my-last-post.html). We have been unable to secure a Clinical Negligence 'No Win, No Fee' policy and if we go ahead on our own it could cost in excess of 3000 and we may not even be successful in getting any compensation. At the end of the day we have ultimately got what we wanted in Jamie so it seems silly to waste time and energy pursuing a complaint just for the sake of it. It would mean getting all my medical records photocopied, having them looked at by an independent medical expert to assess issues of liability, and also having a report done on my condition and prognosis. All that seems a bit of a farce! Yes, I still feel badly treated, but its not to a great degree, and actually it can cause a laugh sometimes!! Sad to say, its what we all expect now in the NHS, but seeing as how I now work for the NHS perhaps I had better keep quiet. So for all our sakes we have decided to file it all down to experience and put the papers in the loft with the mice!!

No comments: