Sunday 13 March 2011

5 Days At Work!!

Never Again! Its now Sunday and at last its quiet. I have made Daddy take Jamie to the park so I can at least try and sort through all the stuff that seems to have accumulated over the past week. Due to it being a very busy week in Payroll this week and this coinciding with the Trust Induction, I volunteered to do 5 days. Nanna and Grandad were very good and babysat for two days and Daddy had a day off to look after Jamie. I must admit I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be at the end of the week, but I have not had much time or indeed energy to do anything more than work, eat and sleep! Luckily, it was only a one-off week and I will get paid extra for doing the extra two days.

The money will come in handy as I have just bought some new work clothes and a new top to go to a couple of up and coming parties. I don't want to be a slummy mummy! I have actually lost a few pounds in the last few weeks and intend to loose some more - hopefully a stone- before our holiday in 18weeks time. Did I mention I have also given up chocolate and crisps for Lent? Saturday night was hard but I did it!! I also restrained myself from opening the second bottle of wine. And I felt better for it this morning.

Yesterday I felt that I had been neglecting Jamie with working all week and so we had a morning together. I took him to the library - which he loved - and got a small pile of books for him which we all sat in bed last night and read. Then we went to the park and went on the roundabout and the slide. I was very worried when he started climbing up the steps to the top of the slide and so I went up with him. It was very high and I really did not like it so I made Jamie slide down with me. I rang Daddy to ask whether he let him go on his own and he said he did, but he did go up with him to the top. I might not take him again for a while as it was too much stress for Mummy!! We went to the shop and then visited a friend to RSVP their wedding - babysitter arranged!! Then we visited baby Elliot. Elliot's mummy is still suffering after her C Section and struggling even more as she cannot drive. While I was there Granny and Grandad arrived to take her two girls to their piano lesson - Thank God for Grandparents!!

Talking of Grandparents. Later in the day (while Daddy was asleep) I took Jamie to the card shop to get some Mothers Day cards. Only it was manic as Jamie lay on the floor; refusing to get up, and then picked a handful of cards off the shelves and threw them on the floor!!

No comments: