Wednesday 28 July 2010

Two Ends Of The Spectrum

Unfortunately my mum (Nanna) has been unwell over the last week or so. After completing the Midnight Walk I felt exhausted all week - not to mention my hips - but I think it unsettled my mum a bit. She says her feeling ill had nothing to do with the walk, but I think 6 miles is bad enough for anyone but it cant be great for your body doing it at such an ungodly hour!! That having been said I did raise £123 for St Barnabas and of that I am very proud!

Anyway, after the walk on the Saturday night, we then did a sponsored walk for B.A.B.I.E.S on the Monday with the rest of the BabySigning group. This was little more than a mile around Whisby Lakes but it was very hot. Half way round even I felt a little ill.... On the Wednesday mum rang and asked if I would take her to the Drs as she did not feel well enough to drive. She saw a locum who asked for a sample which said mum had an infection, and suggested it was gastroenteritis so gave her antibiotics. We spent over an hour at the surgery accompanied by Jamie as Daddy was working, which was stressful in itself. However, the next day mum felt no better - and she still had a headache - and so I took her again to the Drs. This time the Dr suggested it was Vertigo and sent her for an X Ray on her neck. So Monday morning we were at the hospital for just before 8.30am!!

What this has meant in terms of Jamie is that Nanna missed her afternoon looking after him last week and I therefore missed an afternoon catching up!! Daddy is off this week and we had planned to go out and Nanna was going to have Jamie overnight. This has now been put on hold for this week at least.

What this has highlighted is the fact that we left it so late to have Jamie means that I may end up having to look after both Jamie and Nanna. Auntie Battleaxe always said to me when I said I didn't want children; "Who is going to look after you in your old age?" I always replied I was not going to have children just so someone could look after me. I do hope this isn't the start of my looking after the two ends of the spectrum - the young and the old!!

No comments: