Monday 26 July 2010

My Son is a Genius!

It all happens so quick. I turn away from my blog for a couple of days and suddenly I think there is loads that I should have made a note of! We now have a Walking, Talking little man living with us!

Jamie is now walking pretty much on his own - although he still has to be reminded to 'stand up' as he seems to still be a quicker crawler... We went to see Nanna on Sunday and it had been too long since we had last seen her in May. I think she thought it was a different child. He walked holding hers and daddy's hands, sat like a proper little boy on the sofa and even played with her bag of toys quite happily. Of course we still had to change his nappy when we went out for a cuppa, but at least no one else was in the cafe at the time!

And his talking and understanding is amazing. Last week I was chatting away to him as I tidied up his room and said; "We've lost the little pussycat. Where's the pussycat gone Jamie" and off he crawled to the other side of the room and picked up the pussycat from his LittlePeople set. It wasn't the pussycat I was looking for, but it was a pussycat! When daddy got home he did it again and also found the doggy, and he has been doing it to entertain anyone who visits ever since!!

At BabySigning last Thursday we sang Twinkle, Twinkle and Bubbles, Bubbles as we do most week. As we watched the bubbles come out of the bubble machine Jamie suddenly said 'Bubbles'. It wasn't just me who heard as some of the other parents commented. I was so proud! Other words he is saying now include; 'Ball', 'Dadda', 'Nanna' and 'Grandad' (just) and when he wants In The Night Garden he makes the 'N' sound. He is also loving his 'Books' and will point at his bookshelf for a story - usually 'All Aboard the Ninky Nonk'....

As for cousin Noah, we have renamed him ASBO Baby!!

No comments: