Sunday 7 March 2010

Mother Knows Best

Mother quoted in Family Life Made Easy by Grace Saunders, Arrow Books (2009);

"The only tip I'll give is to try your best not to beat yourself up over small things like a perfectly tidy home or 5 kids being in bed by 7.30pm. Something has to give and if you allow yourself to relax just a little, life will flow with far more ease and less stress".
(Full time working mum of 5)

Grace talks later about the problem of life becoming one long chore instead of a choice. She emphasises the need to place some 'me time' somewhere near the top of your To Do list as opposed to being an add-on in scribbled pencil right at the bottom. I had my massage yesterday (gorgeous) and am off to Bingo on Tuesday night and a meal out with the girls on Thursday night. My worry is being too tired to get anything done in-between! Lately I feel that I have been making better choices about what to do with my time. I can see the dust on the piano but know it will be there until later in the week. Then I shall have a good clean before my mum comes for her Mothers Day lunch. But wait, it will be Mothers Day for me as well......

No comments: