Saturday 13 March 2010

The Dreaded Swine Flu Injection....

This week has been rather chaotic to say the least. Due to Jamie's Swine Flu injection on Thursday I had to rearrange my working days; which meant rearranging all my baby sitters. Added to this I had arranged two nights out (Bingo we won £110 between us and a night at Gino's with the girlies) - what was I thinking? So, its now Saturday morning and I feel shattered - although that may have something to do with the bottle of red and the 3am wake up call.....


When I first got the letter about the injection I posted a comment on FaceBook and did have a few replies - some for and some against: James had his on Wednesday. He has been fine no side effects all ok. I was in two minds as well thinking what if things come to light in years to come and I am to blame, but if he got swine flu now, he would be very poorly and couldn't communicate and let me know how he felt and would be really worried and scared if I saw him that ill, so I decided to give it him. As a friend above says go with your own instinct.

and then: I'll go against the above and say NO. I'm not giving to my two. Don't believe enough tests have been carried out on it. Also makes you think twice when actual medical staff at GP centre my friend works at, all won't have it. Why?

and also: I am normally on the side of not to jab for flu, but Issy got swine flu before xmas and she had a temp of 40 for 4 days. Swine flu also causes vomiting as well. its not nice, Hannah was ill to but not so much. I would definitely consider giving it to the younger children now. Hope this helps!

I hope I have done the right thing...

While at the Doctors, I also took Jamie to clinic to have him weighed. He is now 21.12lbs / 9.88kg and is above the 50% line (70% ish!). Afterwards; as we had both been so brave, we went to Asda, spent some money and had a packet of chocolate buttons between us!!

No comments: