Thursday 4 June 2009

Military Operations...

Following on from my first night out without Jamie at the weekend (which went very well if only a little hungover), yesterday I met a group of 4 friends I used to work with for tea in a local pub - only 1 of them having a baby and all of them are younger than me. Jamie got even more presents; including a John Rocha little set!! Before I went I was very nervous but once I got there and Jamie was settled I really enjoyed it. It was nice not to talk just about babies but at times I did feel a bit 'out of it'. At least I am getting better with regards to being prepared. I have my free Boots changing bag which is now kept filled with all the necessities we might ever need when taking Jamie anywhere!! It still feels like a military operation every time we leave the house (one friend mentioned having to take a suitcase as well as a baby everywhere) but I think I am getting better and calmer at it! My OCD seems to have finally come in handy!! As for Daddy, following a visit from uncle and auntie and cousin Lucy last weekend he invested in a sling to carry Jamie around. It means Jamie is closer to his Daddy and therefore sleeps happily, and at the same time daddy can carry on as normal - well nearly. He can at least play the piano while having Jamie close!!

No comments: