Thursday 18 June 2009

Baby Whisperer

Last week Jamie moved out of his moses basket and into his cot - although he still remains in our room. He is still waking at approximately 3 hourly intervals through the night and I have had a number of sleepless nights and - as a consequence - tearful days! This has not been helped by the fact that I have had a 2 and a half week (so far) period for which I have been taking antibiotics in case of infection. I have had a couple of internals and a number of swabs taken. I know my urine is OK as the results came back normal but apparently the other results take over a week. What has upset me though is that I have just read that women with Ovarian cysts are advised NOT to take the mini-pill!! Have therefore booked another appointment with my Dr just before the packet runs out next week - so hopefully my results will be back by then.

I finally got around to reading one of my 40th birthday presents this week (thanks to Karen, John and Sophie) and then sent Daddy off to work with it. Top Tips from the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. Coupled with advice from my Dr we are now following (or attempting to) the EASY routine and replacing one of his night feeds (4am) with water only. The EASY routine stands for Eating (25-40mins)/ Activity (45mins) / Sleep / You in that order! We have also been told by a few people that we are spoiling him by letting him fall asleep on us ("its no wonder he won't sleep in his cot") so we are trying hard not to let this happen - although it is hard not to when he is so cute!!

Did I mention Jamie has also had a number of incidents of projectile vomiting - one all over his Nanna? Very messy indeed!!

No comments: