Thursday 21 August 2008

Friends Reunited??

Last week – for some mad reason – procrastination possibly – I decided to set up a FaceBook page for my year at secondary school – chiefly because we will all be reaching a land mark age this year.

I was kinda prompted to do this by meeting with an old friend who I had not seen for about 12 years; as she left at the end of the 5th form and I stayed on to do my A levels. The two things she remembered about me were that I liked Bryan Adams (I think it would have been ‘Run to You’ - I did play it a lot!!) and that I had a lot of energy!! She didn’t help herself when she said I looked like my mother…...She did say though that me and my mother never really got on – even then!!

I also recently met up with another friend from school – one who I have seen within the last 5 years. Once upon a time I was very good friends with this one. While I was there another friend who I had just about been ‘best friends’ with rang…..I came home feeling a bit deflated after visiting someone with (it seemed) such a perfect life, family, house etc. I also wondered why it was that I was no longer in contact with the friend that phoned…..but I came to the conclusion that perhaps there is a reason we are no longer in contact…....and that is the way it should stay! Is there really any point dwelling on the past?

No comments: