Saturday 16 August 2008

A bit of a dark cloud....

....descended for a while back there but I think I can see the light!! Today I have been having a bit of a brain clear out and have been looking through my 'relaxation' folder and reminding myself of the things that are important in this life.

My mother is still not speaking to me and I suppose she will be blaming me - and telling anyone who will listen that I did not invite her to a BarBQ we had a few weeks back - but it wasn't that kind of party, there were no other 'oldies' coming and she would have simply spent all night fawning over my brother (which I did say to her!) so no one would have enjoyed themselves!! As it turned out I managed to have a nice conversation with my sister-in-law at said BarBQ and it made me feel better about the whole 'mother' issue!! OK so a week later I was found crying on my brothers knee about said issue in the pub - but one to many wines and......

What I need to remind myself (again) is the need to take time out for myself and The Bull. Since being back in full time work I forgot about 'me' time and was trying to fill all the time with 'musts' and 'shoulds'. Today has been a bit me time, a bit should-time and a bit de-clutter time. And then tonight is to be a getting dressed up and going out with The Bull time......

No comments: