Sunday 7 July 2019

Dan DTM at Birmingham

As soon as this tour was announced Jamie wanted tickets.  Dan DTM has always been his favourite youtuber (see previous Book Day photos).  As it was in Birmingham we decided to go for the day, but not to stay over.  I said I would be happy if we were home before midnight - and we were - just!  As my car had had a little bump in the week (not my fault) we had a brand new Vauxhall Astra (red).  I was a little puzzled as there was no CD player.  I had to quickly learn how to use my Bluetooth!

Before we went to the Arena, we manged to get a visit in to thinktank - Birmingham's Science Museum  www.birminghammuseums.org.uk  which had loads of interesting exhibits and even a Planetarium where we watched 'Destination Space'.

As for Dan, I was glad we just decided to come home; although it did take us nearly an hour to get out of the car park - luckily daddy had packed a lot of food!   There was queuing for everything; another long wait to get in, queuing for food and merchandise.  When we arrived I noticed a lot of the children were dressed in one of three colours (Yellow / Red / Blue) and the merchandise was in each of the three colours.  What daddy had failed to read on the tickets was that each child was to be placed in one of the teams to support throughout the 'contest'.  I managed to ask someone who said we were the Red team (Talonian tribe) and luckily Jamie had his Red Fortnight T Shirt on.  The event itself was a little disappointing (as well as taking your money at every corner).  Children were picked out of the crowd to do battle in a game that wasn't Minecraft (for what Dan is famous for) in order to save the world - I think.  We didn't have to buy a T shirt but I did end up getting Jamie a pug.....

I know Jamie loved it!!!

No comments: