Sunday 11 December 2016

One Year Since Operation Number One

Last weekend it was a year since my first spinal surgery.  Not sure that I feel wonderful as yet, but I certainly feel a million times better than I did before the surgery.  I know what I need to do.  I need to shift some of the weight that has crept around my belly while I have been immobile. I also need to move a lot more!!

However, I am pleased to say that this year I have been able to raise £153.59 for the charity Aspire via: www.aspirechannelswim.co.uk  Aspire is a national charity that provides practical help to people who have been paralysed by Spinal Cord Injury.  I think how lucky I am that I don't need a wheelchair and I know how much worse it could have been.  I might not have completed all the lengths that the swim dictated, but the money was still raised.  And at least I have started back swimming, and walking, and am slowly getting fitter.

Still time to donate at: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/joanne-borrill-2016-channel-swim   Many Thanks to all that sponsored me!!  Xx

No comments: