Saturday 17 December 2016

Children's Christmas Party 2016

This year we had the party before Christmas and back at our usual (bigger)Hall.  We decided to ask more of Jamie's school friends.  The main reason being that they had put up the price for the hall.  It didn't seem to alter the dynamics though.  (I think in total, we had 33 Adults and 28 Children). The children all still had a fantastic time.  Kerry and I went on a shopping trip before, and I put together a pass the parcel with lots of treats inside.  I could not do enough wrappers for everyone to open one, but I gave out lots of goodies to those who were not lucky enough.  My son had a bit of a strop because he had not opened one, but he has to learn......
One of Kerry's friends brought a 'Pin The Nose on Rudolph' game which went down very well (Jamie won a Christmas mug), and we provided a colouring table as usual, but the children pretty much stayed on the bouncy castle.  We were very luck with the bouncy castle this year.  www.bendysbouncers.com/ rang us up the night before and offered us a castle that they usually charge £110 for, for £75.  This pushed the budget a little bit further, but I was happy to pay that extra amount. (We did in fact make all our money back except £20 which me and Kerry were happy to share!)
I did ask for suggestions on how it could have been improved and the only comment made was; 'Don't have it on the same day as a Lincoln home game,' as this gave Daddy and Uncle Dean an excuse to miss it!  

Not sure we will do it again next year.....but I think I say that every year.  Its just nice organising a party where everyone can meet up over Christmas.  I certainly love going round and chatting (and taking photographs) of everyone!  I know I get stressed beforehand, but I do feel it is worth it!!

No comments: