Wednesday 24 September 2014

Things only Parents of Boys will understand...

Saw this article the other day and wanted to share:  www.huffingtonpost.com/the-next-family/11-things-only-parents-of-boys-understand_b_5755682.html   My favourites (and those I most nodded in agreement at) were the following:

3. Boys give the best hugs. And kisses. And snuggles.

4. Farts are funny. At least your boys will think they are pretty hilarious.

5. Everything will be covered in pee. Seriously. Everything. The toilet. The floor. The side of the bathtub. The wall. Occasionally, even the bathroom window (WTH?). Apparently, hitting the toilet is much more difficult than the basic laws of physics and gravity would suggest.   This I totally understand!  I really shouldn't leave my PJs on the bathroom floor!

6. Anything can, and will, become a gun. Try as you might to instill your pacifist ways in your young sons, the fact remains that boys love guns. They can make a gun out of anything. A stick. A toilet paper roll. A banana. A snorkel. Their finger.   Weird how this happens!

7. Boys are physical. From the moment they come crashing through our vaginas and into the world, boys own the space they inhabit. They climb on the furniture. They jump on one another. They smack and punch for no apparent reason.   So glad I have daddy to take the blows for me!


No comments: