Friday 5 September 2014

It's all different!

Jamie didn't seem to be in the slightest bit bothered, but mummy struggled first day back.

Firstly, we were somehow late!  The traffic was worse than I remember and when we got to the school gates there was nowhere to park.  We ended up parking a couple of streets away and then having to dash.  Got to school and the KS1 playground is shut for building work, so we had to go to the classroom door that opens onto the sports field.  Was it the right one, I thought as we wandered into the classroom.  Luckily I saw Sam's mum who told me what I needed to know.  Trays are there, coats and PE in the locker in the corridor.   Panic! when I could not find a drawer with Jamie's name!  Had I got it wrong and this wasn't his class?  No, said the TA, some are missing!  Then to find his locker which luckily had his photo on!  Back into the classroom and the children were sitting on the floor ready to start.  Bye mummy, kiss, off to work....

I actually felt in shock as I made my way to walk.  So many new faces (children and parents).  And then having to walk past the 'friends' we made last year and their mummies who have stayed in Miss C's class.  I am going to miss them and our chats at the end of school.... I hope we will stay in touch.  Next year we could be all back together again.  And anyway, we have Grace's 6th party this Saturday!  (what are you worrying about woman!?)

Back at 3.05pm to pick him up which is pretty much the same as usual (although he came out with his PE kit which should have stayed in his locker).   But then at 3.15pm it was 'Meet the Teacher'.  I was amazed that there weren't many parents, but I suppose some of them may have already met the teacher if they have siblings, or may not have been able to make the session due to work (I am lucky in that respect!).  Both of his teachers (they do half a week each) seemed nice.  Jamie says they are not as 'Bossy' as Miss C was!

That session made me feel a bit better.......Mummy now ready to start Year One!

No comments: